Tuesday, January 19, 2010

So here's the short of it,
Countdown!  One more radiation treatment left tomorrow afternoon! 

And here's the long

I am really excited.  I have one more boost treatment tomorrow.  My skin is pretty tender and burned, but I think I'm going to get through this without the really difficult blistering and burning that so many people face.  The good old standby cornstarch has done a really good job.  I think one of the things I will really enjoy is allowing the permanent magic marker lines to just disappear.  I have an appointment with my radiation oncologist tomorrow right after my treatment.  I can't wait to learn how soon I can put soap on my skin - allow the shower water to actually fall directly on the treated skin - and wear deodorant again!

Tonight Aunt Joyce came down to Chattanooga to take Mom to her appointment with the dermatologist tomorrow since that's at the same time as my two treatments.  Alan, Valdis, and I went down to have dinner with them.  There was a present for me from my two sweet Aunts. A 2010 Maxine Desk Calendar.  It should keep me laughing even when I don't feel like it.  Thanks Aunt Joyce and Aunt Frances!



[]

1 comment:

  1. Lynn, Praise God that these treatments have gone better than expected for you! We lift you up to our Heavenly Father daily for strength as only he can give!! Love and admire you so much! Pat & Steve

    ReplyDelete