Sunday, January 31, 2010

Snow Day

So here's the short of it,
I'm pretty excited to have a snow day tomorrow.

And here's the long

Yesterday Liga helped me clean up the kitchen.  It hadn't had a really good cleaning since last May when I had surgery.  It's really nice to walk in and see it in relatively good shape and it was a pleasure to work in there today.

I slept in this morning and it felt wonderful.  For the last several weeks, we've had Sunday supper down at Mom's with Mia and Clyde.  Tonight, Liga and Valdis joined us and then Valdis' friend joined us for a little while for dessert.  It was really nice to be together. 

Then while I was still at Mom's and Alan had gone home, I got a wonderful surprise!  Alan sent me a text saying No School tomorrow.  It's funny that the robocall saying that Hamilton County Schools will be closed tomorrow comes to his phone before I get it on my cell.  How lucky I am to be working on a teacher calendar.  This means that I'll be working a four day work week this week coming, and that will be much easier.  I'll have one more day to sleep relatively late - then by the time Friday's here and my energy is running low, I'll be at the weekend. 

Of course living here in Brainerd, it's a bit hard to see why we'll be out of school.  I'm remembering when there were separate City and County Scools, there were many days when the City Schools had school,. but Hamilton County was closed - so that northern edge and the mountainous areas will probably still have some roads that would be impassible for buses.  So here's to sleeping in!

No comments:

Post a Comment