Saturday, January 23, 2010

So here's the short of it,
If I'm really really exhausted, I wonder why I can't sleep?


And here's the long

I didn't sleep very well at all last night.  Something was bothering me, and I have absolutely no idea what it might have been.  It seemed as though I only slept about an hour and a half, but I'm sure that if I'd been hooked up to a sleep study machine it would have been more than that.  I tossed and turned.  The house was quiet.  Everyone else was sound asleep, the kitty and big baby dog who both sleep very near me, were snoozing away, and I just couldn't get the buzzing feeling gone to relax enough to sleep - but my tiredness doesn't seem to be related to sleep.


Today I went for a deep tissue massage at  Center MedspaKelly Mantovani was my massage therapist, and she certainly lived up to her resume.  She worked me good from the back of my neck/head, all the way down to my lower back and hips where I have that constant pain.  Her technique was pretty amazing.  When she was working on some of the places at the back of my head, she must have been working on some kind of meridians. Once when she was working on my left side, I could feel the pressure all the way down my spine into my right foot.  Another time when she was in a different spot on the back of my head, I could feel it across the middle of the right side of my back.  Anyway, she was absolutely amazing.  I'll do that again before too long.

Today I discovered something I thought was worth sharing.  Heart Threads is a brand of T-shirt which has a message printed on the inside.  So it's just for the wearer not an advertisement.  I love that idea of having something written for me to think on all day long. It's kind of like my quote collection.  Or the box of quotes my Aunts and Mom sent me for radiation or the quote cards my friends from Memphis sent my way.  I think it's a really great idea.


No comments:

Post a Comment