Wednesday, July 27, 2011

So here's the short of it,
Almost ready for school to start!

And here's the long.

One more day of "getting ready" before school officially opens and teachers are back on duty.  It's caused me to be a bit reflective. I've been enormously lucky in my career - I found work that I love - that I can be passionate about. I've mostly worked for people who respect me and have given me room to do my work and have allowed me to stretch myself and take risks. I've worked with wonderful colleagues who are bright, creative, and so supportive.

I'm looking forward to another year. Now things are going to be a little tougher this year. Budgets are tight, and lots of people are talking about accountability, but want to count the things that aren't really that important.  It makes me think of the famous Einstein quotation, "Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted."  I hope our little group of teachers will be able to focus on the things that really count!

Tomorrow will be here early... Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment