Friday, July 8, 2011

So here's the short of it,
Mom and I have had a wonderful day punctuated by a big road adventure!

And here's the long.

Last night Uncle Bob kindly turned off his 5:00 AM alarm so I could sleep in. I turned off my 7:00 and 7:30 alarms. (but I forgot my 6:00 AM one). I could never get awake enough to get it off so my morning attempt to sleep was periodically pierced by having to stir enough to hit the snooze button. I just don't know why I couldn't just turn it off!

We had a great breakfast visit with Aunt Frances and Uncle Bob. He was off to do water sampling and we got on our way with great directions just a little past our intended push off time. We got to cousin Bonnie's house with no trouble. It was so great to reconnect with her after all these years. We had a wonderful lunch, and also got to see Ann and Mary June as well as Aunt Muriel. And of course a bunch of kids and grandkids. Great food, wonderful family, marvelous time.

On the trip up to Aunt Dot's in Springboro we had quite an adventure. We got onto I-75 with no problem. Within about 5 miles we were in huge traffic. It took us an hour and 15 minutes to get to the next exit where the state troopers were routing everyone off the interstate. Of course we know nothing about the back and side roads of Lexington. So three stops later, several calls to Aunt Frances and Uncle Bob, and a few more miles than we might have quavered finally made it to I-75 N above the road closing- 3 hours after we first got onto the interstate!!

We were late for supper but arrived to Aunt Dot's to a house full of Aunts and cousins. We've spent the rest of the evening eating and visiting.

It's been a great day and I'm ready finally for sleep!!

No comments:

Post a Comment