Saturday, July 23, 2011

So here's the short of it, 
More Preserved Cherries today!

And here's the long.

Mom got home from a great visit in Atlanta late last night.  She spent the week with Steve and Pat and got plenty of play time with Elijah and Jacob.  Late last night, they brought her back home  -  Alan and I went down for a cup of coffee and a brief visit this morning before they headed down to Birmingham to visit with Meredith and Ben.

She and I made a trip to Linda's a little later this morning to bring in corn and beans!  Mia's birthday is today and tomorrow we are having a little birthday dinner for her.  I also got in about 8 pounds of cherries to make a repeat of the Martha Washington Preserved Cherries.  I got 13 jelly jars and processed them so that they can be shelf stable for 6 months or so; I also processed one jar of just cherry juice.  That'll be good to cook with or to put into smoothies or lemonade or OJ...  I also got 4 jars that I didn't  process.  I'll keep those in the refrigerator and we'll eat them up  pretty soon.  We'll probably finish up one tomorrow night!

No comments:

Post a Comment