Tuesday, July 12, 2011

So here's the short of it, 
I'm fine. 

And here's the long.

Today I had a stress test.

After we went up Pike's Peak, I started having pains on the right side of my chest.  It centered around my port at first and then became less localized. I was worried about it. It kept up and last week I went to the Physician's Assistant in my doctor's office. She was concerned about heart, because she indicated that women often present with right side pain with heart problems. So she ordered up a stress test.

I was supposed to be at the hospital at 7:00 AM without coffee! I got florescent medicine injected and imaging and then I got to sit and drink a bunch of water.  Next I spent some time on the tread mill to get my heart rate up really high, then more medicine injected. And then - more imaging.  I got a call from my doctor's office this afternoon saying the test was "negative". I'll call them tomorrow. I still have some discomfort around the port area. I'd like to get to the bottom of that.

I slept quite a bit once I got home - maybe it was the no coffee morning that made me so tired.

I'm hoping the napping won't keep me up very late tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment