Tuesday, July 5, 2011

So here's the short of it, 
Doctor's visit today because I'm a nervous nellie. 

And here's the long.

I've been having a bit of discomfort on my right side ever since our descent from Pike's Peak. It began with an achey, feeling around the area of my port along with occasional sharp pains. It has gradually begun to be in my arm and my chest and almost like in my joint. So today I had an appointment with the PA in my doctor's office.  She did an EKG and is ordering a stress test. I don't know exactly when that will happen yet.  She also put me on a regular dose aspirin a day until we figure it out.  If it's still hurting after the stress test, she will think about having an ultrasound done to look at the area that was occluded when my port went all awry during chemo.

In the meantime, I'm trying to stay low and slow.

Of course Russ is here visiting Mom and Elijah is here as well so it's certainly not all low and slow. We are having great fun! Tonight we played with "Read Me Stories", an app I have on my phone.  He loved it and listened to the stories over and over.  He's also been riding his bike that Gramma Betsy and Wayne got for him this visit. He rides from MaMa's house up to the circle and then around the circle. Of course PaPa Russ is right with him the whole time.  They are such fun to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment