Tuesday, July 19, 2011

So here's the short of it,
I met a lovely gentleman today.

And here's the long.

Oh my, my!  My second day back at work.  One of those long days. I'm not feeling rested any more. But I'm back in the swing of it.

I'm in a really old building - you know they close a school and let the support personnel use it for offices... As a matter of fact, today I was on the elevator with a gentleman who told me he went to Junior High in that building in the 1940's.  We had a great conversation as we stepped out of the elevator onto the 2nd floor.  He pointed out the various doors and told me the names of the teachers who taught there and what they taught, talked about where he played basketball, and generally mused about those years when he was in junior high.  What an interesting little moment of time in my otherwise busy day.

Now in that really old building on the third floor, the air conditioner is broken - it's terribly hot. (of course when that gentleman was in school there wouldn't have been much of anyone there in July!) But back to today's story - on my side of the building the air is working overtime - really chilling things down to try to keep the building cool! The HVAC men were there working on it all day. It is apparently a complicated fix and one the the men shared with us that the whole building needs to be overhauled. That's such a joke in this day.  They've been talking about closing our building for years.  Anyway, I worked downstairs all day today. Hopefully tomorrow it will be fixed and my office won't be freezing and I'll be able to get in and out without disrupting the HVAC men.

I had a really hard time with the 6:00 AM alarm this morning - thinking I should really try sleeping a little earlier!

No comments:

Post a Comment