Thursday, July 21, 2011

So here's the short of it, 
Getting ready for the school year to start. 

And here's the long.

I only have one "new" teacher this year - and she's been in the classroom for 9 years, so the learning curve for her is not nearly so steep.  But the special ed piece is pretty intimidating.  We have spent 2 half days together and I think that's a good start.

This has been such a tumultuous spring and summer.  The budget woes, the superintendent change, the upheaval in the central office. I just find myself thinking that once the kids get to school we'll get ourselves focused where we need to be focused and all that stuff will fade into the background. We've got some wonderful things ready for this year in our department, and I've heard good things all around, so that's what I'm going to focus on.

So, I have the day off tomorrow!  I'm planning to sleep in.  We'll see if I can make that happen.  For sure I know I won't be fighting with some alarm at 6:00 AM!

No comments:

Post a Comment