Saturday, April 7, 2012

So here's the short of it, 
Fun with Liga tonight.

And here's the long.

Liga came by this evening and we got some of tomorrow's cooking out of the way. We decided because of everyone's work schedule to have our Seder tomorrow (second night) instead of tonight.
Best picture I could find online

For the first time ever we are trying Poppy's recipe for creamed herring as our appetizer.  It was really fun to try it for the first time with Liga.  It's not done yet.  It turns out that you add the onion and apple and toasted almonds just at the last - but everything is ready to go for tomorrow afternoon.

Then we made our favorite Passover treat - homemade Eagle Brand Coconut Cookies.  Simplest recipe ever!  And we love, love, love them. We made a batch with and a batch without nuts.  I think they'd be good with chocolate drizzled on top of them, but I've never done that before.

Tomorrow she's coming over early to help get it all put together.  I'll enjoy having a partner in the kitchen.  I'll have to say,  I'm one lucky Mom.


No comments:

Post a Comment