Monday, April 30, 2012

So here's the short of it, 
My morning routine on a work day goes something like this.

And here's the long.



I wake up and grab a cup of the coffee that's brewed before I awaken. (I set it up the night before and Alan turns it on when he wakes up  -  that is always long enough before me that it's done by the time I'm standing groggily at the coffee pot, cup in hand).





Then I start my Bob's Red Mill Extra Thick Cut Organic Oats, and turn the burner on the lowest temperature while I get my shower. By the time I'm done and back to the kitchen the oats are done. I divide it into two bowls. One for me and one for Sophie. My bowl gets a stir in of raisins - hers does not.  Sometimes we both get a stir in of chopped almonds or pecans too. Both bowls get some milk and I get my second cup of coffee.

Sophie and I eat our oatmeal (and she gets a bowl of dog food as well) out on the patio when it's warm and dry enough or in the house if it's cold or wet.

As I put the dishes in the sink I get my coffee thermos ready for work then go finish up getting ready while finishing my coffee from breakfast.

I keep my coffee thermos with me in the car and have it finished usually by lunchtime - and that's my cut off for coffee for the day.

Now I have on my to do list - cut back on coffee when I retire   -   Although coffee is supposed to protect against cancer, diabetes, and parkinson's disease jut to name a few.  Of course it also raises blood pressure, and keeps me awake if I drink it much after noon.

In the meantime, when I have a work morning ahead of me, that routine propels me out the door with good nourishment and a good outlook on the day.

This morning I was awfully tired and only had about a half cup of coffee before I got out the door.  And when I got to work I discovered that I didn't have my coffee thermos with me!
No wonder I was tired out by the end of the day.





No comments:

Post a Comment