Wednesday, April 18, 2012

So here's the short of it, 
I was so surprised when CNN flashed on my phone this afternoon with the news that Dick Clark had passed away.  

And here's the long.

I'll have to say that in my household, growing up, Superman was on opposite American BandStand after school in the afternoon. So we (that would be me and two brothers) hardly ever had it on.  But my, oh my! we sure knew about it and watched for a little bit from every once in a while.  We watched to learn the newest dance steps before going to the high school dances.  And from time to time my interest in girly things won out when I was home before the brothers and I turned it on to OOH and AAH at the famous guests. And what fun to rate the records along with the audience.  Goodness probably many people my age have such a personal connection with Dick Clark and his programming.

And the man himself - did Dick Clark ever age?  He was the epitome of the drive to never grow old.  Apparently he was a great businessman and was well loved by those who had the opportunity to work with him.

Dick Clark - thanks for rocking and rolling us through the years in such a charming, funny, and gentlemanly way.
Photo coutesy of TMZ

No comments:

Post a Comment