Friday, April 20, 2012

So here's the short of it, 
Pat Summitt

And here's the long.

Ok all of you who know me know that I'm not a sports fan.  I know the difference between basketball and football.  I can always be called on to cheer for Kentucky basketball. And I will watch any sport on the face of the earth if one of my children, grandchildren, students, or other such are involved in it. But I don't "follow" any sport at all.

Pat Summitt steps down
But Pat Summitt has my great admiration. She's a classy lady who put her self wholly into creating opportunities for young women.  I was so saddened to hear about her diagnosis and knew that it wouldn't be long before she would have to step down - but now that it's here it's hard to believe that she's stepping down.  I know, I know, she'll still be a practices; she'll still be there for her players; and she'll still be seen around the campus.  But it will be so different.  You see, I never remember UT women's basketball without Pat Summitt.

So Pat Summitt - as Alzheimers steals your memories, I pray that somewhere deep inside you always know what a difference you made in the lives of the young women you coached.




No comments:

Post a Comment