Wednesday, April 25, 2012

So here's the short of it, 
Today's major story is about the keys.

And here's the long.

For many years my keys were a bit of a game.  Every morning a part of my ritual was finding my keys. I never really "lost" them, because I'm a really "good looker".  Finding things is just one of my skill sets.  I can imagine where things might be -- (my sister-in-law, Pat, says the Mom always knows where things are).  Once Alan and I were married, he helped me see the wisdom in having a place to put my keys.  So every time I come home, I put my keys on the hook inside the pantry.  They are always there and I don't have to look for them in the morning.

So...imagine my surprise this morning when I opened the pantry door and reached for my keys.  My "key hook" was empty! And imagine my chagrin to discover that I no longer even know how to look for my keys!  I can't even imagine another place they might be, because they belong on that hook.  I did look in all the common places - purse, dressing area, kitchen counter, dining room table, etc.  But time was pressing for me to make an appointment at work, so I rounded up the extra key and headed off.

As soon as I got home this afternoon I searched all the places I'd thought of during the day at work.  They weren't there.  I headed out to look around in the front yard since I went out to visit with Alan as he worked on the lawn when I got home yesterday.  I took Sophie with me thinking she might be able to find them, but I wasn't planning on taking her for a walk.  I hadn't been out very long at all before Alan said he needed to see me.  Start laughing now....

I keep Sophie's leash and her "doggie bags" in a basket inside a console table in the living room.  Since I was only looking in the yard and not taking Sophie for her walk, I didn't grab the leash on my way out.  There in the basket was the small roll of "doggie bags", her leash and on top of it all, there were my keys.

I suppose when I got home yesterday for some reason I didn't get my keys onto their hook before I went outside to visit with Alan and take Sophie for her walk.  Then when I came back in I must have just put everything in my hands into the basket.

Tonight they are right where they are supposed to be - so in the morning it will be one less thing I have to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment