Sunday, April 15, 2012

So here's the short of it, 
What a nice weekend.  

And here's the long.

All over the neighborhood (both the physical one and my virtual one) people are getting the grill going. I can smell the Barbecue all over the place.

Alan worked most of yesterday getting our little garden space ready for planting, and I'm so excited to get some tomato plants going!
I've just read an article about BPA levels and eating canned soup. I know that the same kinds of cans are used for tomato products.  Mom used to give me canned tomatoes for many years, and then I canned them myself for awhile. But for at least 15 or 20 years I've bought canned tomatoes.  I think after reading this article canning my own tomatoes is the way to go.  And I'm a little uneasy about buying them to can because you can't tell if you are getting Genetically Modified Plants since there is no requirement to label them as such. Maybe one of my next causes will be truth in labeling for GMOs.



No comments:

Post a Comment