Thursday, April 5, 2012

So here's the short of it, 
Today I got a mid morning massage!

And here's the long.

It's quite luxurious to be able to go get a massage on a week day in the middle of the morning!

There was news just recently about a study that compared massage to pain medicines for lower back pain. You can find an article about it here.  It seems that research found that those who received massage were better able to work and be active for up to a year than those getting Painkillers, anti-inflammatory drugs, muscle relaxants, or even physical therapy!

But insurance still hasn't come around to pay for massage therapy. I think it's made such a difference in my ability to function at a level that allows me to work, and enjoy some quality of life.  Maybe in the near future that will be a change.

So, in the meantime, I have to figure out a way to keep making it happen.











No comments:

Post a Comment