Tuesday, April 10, 2012

So here's the short of it, 
Rise and Shine!

And here's the long.

I told Alan this morning that when I retire I'll never get up at 6:00 in the morning again and probably not even 6:30 in the morning!

I have this memory of Dad being the one who would get us kids out of bed in the mornings when we were growing up.  At least he was the one who was on reserve when we just wouldn't get up.  He had several tricks to get us up.  The two that I remember the best --  He'd pounce on the bed and begin to bit on my ears.  I'm not sure if he did that with the brothers - but I would imagine that he did, because we all had our ears bitten from time to time.  For sure that would get me coming out of the bed.  Another of his methods was to come into the room and grab the covers and just throw them off the bed.  This was a particular favorite when the morning was a little chilly!  Not only did that get you up - it also made it really hard to make up the bed which was a requirement in our household!

I'll have to say I thought it was pure torture for Dad to get us up that way.
Now I know I was one lucky girl to have a Dad who was so physical, loving, and willing to bite his kids on the ears to show how much he loved them!



No comments:

Post a Comment