Sunday, December 16, 2012

So here's the short of it, 
Congratulations on your Graduation Jamesia

And here's the long.

This evening I went to a graduation celebration for a young woman I first met when she was in the 3rd grade.  I managed to keep up with her through the years as she moved on to Middle School, then to High School.  Then I lost track of her after she graduated from high school.  About a year and a half ago, we caught back up through Facebook.  She's been finished with classes for a little while, but didn't actually go through her graduation ceremony until today -- and it was her Birthday too!  What a great birthday present.

It was such fun to be asked to speak a bit about my memories of her. And it was such an honor to be asked to share in this family time.  I suspect that this young lady isn't finished with her schooling.  She's pretty determined and I can tell she can see the possibilities out there.

So Good Wishes to you young lady.  Do good out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment