Thursday, December 27, 2012

So here's the short of it, 
This one is in memory of The King.  

And here's the long.

Tonight I was inspired to have an Elvis Presley style dinner.  You know he was famous for loving grilled peanut butter and banana sandwiches.  I've read that he would eat 12 - 15 of them at a sitting.  I looked and looked for a recipe so I could provide a link, but every single recipe looked to me like a cook or chef wanted to fancy it up a bit.

Elvis liked good thick white bread.  I understand that he didn't like the bananas mashed - but preferred them cut lengthwise.  He also wanted the peanut butter on both sides of his bread.  Apparently sometimes he liked bacon, fried up very crisp, on his peanut butter and banana sandwiches.

I did something a little bit different - since Elvis was just the inspirational starting point.

I started off with two slices of Honey Nut Stollen, my Christmas bread.  Both of them got peanut butter - then the long slices of bananas.  They grilled up just wonderfully.  I added a little extra of the icing and honeyed pecans that I use on the loaf and for a little extra touch.

Thanks Elvis for the dinner inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment