Friday, December 28, 2012

So here's the short of it, 
Mom's heat went off!

And here's the long.

I've been at Mom's twice a day since she's been gone to Atlanta.  This morning when I got to the house it was a little cooler than I thought it had been, but I was on my way to a haircut and to run errands, and didn't really think much about it.

This evening when I got back to turn off the TV and feed Kitty Annie, it was markedly cooler.  Alan came down and helped me look around.  We checked all the breakers - fiddled with the thermostat - and then called Mom. She gave me the contact information for the Heating and Air company and we got on with figuring something out.

It turns out that the lovely young woman that I spoke with remembered the house and the work.  She had lived in Brainerd for some years and knew exactly where we were located.  She helped walk me through several things to check on, but nothing really helped.  So I'm glad Mom is safely in Atlanta in a warm house for tonight, and I'm hoping that we'll get someone there to get it fixed before she's home tomorrow.  It's supposed to be getting pretty cold these next few nights!





No comments:

Post a Comment