Friday, December 21, 2012

So here's the short of it, 
Teacher Vacaton!
And here's the long.

Today was my last day of work for 2 whole weeks.  It's days like today that I appreciate being a "teacher".  I've promised myself that I'm not going to look at e-mail, or plan anything, and I will not go down to the office, "just to check on a couple of things".   It's going to get cold, so I'm just going to huddle down in the house and enjoy being warm and cozy.  My plan is to sleep late.  I'm laughing as I write this as every time for the last year that I've planned to sleep late, I've been awake much too early to have considered that I "slept late'. But one thing I've discovered is that if you don't have to get up early and you wake up anyway, it's like a gift!

I'm going to have something to say about today's statement by the NRA. But I'm not ready to write anything just yet.  I can actually hardly believe what I've heard in the news.  But before I speak about it, I'm going to read that statement completely, and I just didn't want to do that yet tonight.

Tonight, I'm headed to snuggle under warm covers and hope that sleep comes and stays!



No comments:

Post a Comment