Sunday, December 23, 2012

So here's the short of it, 
Little hens. 

And here's the long.

I've been seeing lots of advertising for cornish hens as an alternative to the traditional turkey or ham or chicken for Christmas dinner.  I succumbed to the marketing. We had cornish hens for dinner tonight.

Liga came over and helped me cook this afternoon.  We made a batch of Great Aunt Ruby's Pulled Cream Candy first of all.  Then we decided to cut the hens in half to cook them - they really turned out great, too! I never ate parsnips when I was growing up, but we've been adding them to the other vegetables that we throw in to roast with the chicken.  I'm learning to really like them.  This was just delicious.

I think we may start making hens a little more frequently.







No comments:

Post a Comment