Thursday, December 20, 2012

So here's the short of it, 
Lynn, the Artist - nice ring, huh... 

And here's the long.

Tonight some of us from work paid a visit to Spirited Arts.  It's a local business that hosts groups of people to paint.  They have all kinds of opportunities - open classes, classes for children, private parties (which was what we did), and probably lots of other things. We had a short social hour and then we painted! It was a relaxing, fun evening with people I usually only have a chance to interact with at work!  What a great idea for our holiday get together!

Here's my painting.  We all painted from the same model picture - and they all looked a bit alike, but they were all very individual as well.  It was easy for me to see how an art historian would be able to look at an art piece and be able to tell which artist created it - especially if there are lots of known pieces to compare with.

So here's Lynn - Not quite calling myself an artist yet, but certainly I'd like to do this again!  I could even grow to like doing this kind of thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment