Saturday, December 1, 2012

So here's the short of it, 
How in the world did it get to be after 11:00!!!

And here's the long.

This has been a good weekend day!  I've been home all day and feel good about the stuff I've gotten done.

The next door boys came over and helped me get the tomato plants discarded.  We cleaned up the tomato cages and stakes as well as pulling weeds and grass.  I still am planning to get a load of straw and put it out on the garden - hope I can make that happen sooner rather than later.

The neighbors donated their Halloween pumpkins to the cause.  I thought they'd be rotten and we'd just compost them, but they weren't, so the boys helped me cut them up and I baked them up.  I've got pumpkin in the freezer -  gonna have to look for some pumpkin recipes.

This evening the kids came over for the first half of the Georgia - Alabama game. It was nice to have them here.  We almost finished off a big pot of chili.  It was an exciting game even for someone like me who never watches football.  I suppose for this household the only thing that would have made it better would have been a Georgia win.

No comments:

Post a Comment