Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Another Hot One

So here's the short of it,
Today was my first real day of summer vacation.

And here's the long

I slept in a bit this morning, but my boss forgot that I was not working today and called pretty early so that got me up and going.  I spent a couple of hours working in the garden before it got so hot, and got a good bunch of hoeing done.  I've got one more tomato that I need to get planted.  It's a yellow one.  A friend of Mom's brought her several, so she saved one for me. 

I found myself a sweatband so my face wasn't nearly a drenched with sweat as it has been the few days before.  But I was still ready for a good cool shower when I got into the house!  I spent the rest of the day with indoor chores - the heat just was too oppressive. 

This afternoon we had a line of thunderstorms move through and it roused up quite a wind.  Sophie was quite unhappy and went to the door and barked.  When I went to check out what was going on and opened the door, I felt a slight change in air pressure.  I'll bet she really felt it.  At any rate several sticks got knocked out of the trees and gave her a few things to play with. 

Alan and I met some friends for dinner and by the time we got back home it had rained a bit and cooled things down quite a bit.  Sophie and I went for our evening walk and it was much more pleasant than it's been. 

I've tried not to think too much about tomorrow afternoon.  Alan, my Mom, and Liga are all going to come to the doctor's office tomorrow for my last Herceptin.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Cousin,
    Clyde and I hope it all goes well. WE are so glad that you have reached the last one with such flying colors. You are an amazing, amazing person of strength and wisdom. You are an example and inspiration for anyone having to meet a daunting challenge, and we are lucky to have you in our lives. no joke.

    ReplyDelete