Monday, June 28, 2010

So here's the short of it,
A nice goodby lunch with Myra and Milko.

And here's the long

This morning Alan and I and Myra and Milko met with the care team at Parkwood to discuss Mommy Anne's course of treatment.  It was very good to have that conversation.  She still has some times when she is very confused and we are still hoping that with continued physical therapy and occupational therapy she will soon be in a place where she can return to Elmcroft.

At lunch we met Myra and Milko at J. Alexander's.   It was good to have an opportunity to visit and talk about Mommy Anne and other things as well.  This afternoon, I spent some time working in the garden.  The first tomatoes I planted have grown so large that they've pushed the tomato cages over.  I had trouble getting the cages very far into the ground this year anyway because the ground is so hard after about 6 or 8 inches down.  So I went to Ace Hardware and bought some old fashioned tomato stakes and used them to hold everything up.  I'll need to get a few more in the next few days.  There were a few black cherry tomatoes ripe enough to add to my cottage cheese salad tonight.  They were really good.  I remember this time last year I was hoping that my taste would come back enough that I would enjoy tomatoes again.  That has come to pass!

No comments:

Post a Comment