Friday, June 25, 2010

So here's the short of it,
Myra and Milko are here. 

And here's the long

Alan's baby sister Myra and her husband Milko arrived a little late this evening after a flight delay.  We took Mommy Anne from the nursing home over to have dinner at the Assisted Living facility where she has an apartment.  Myra and Milko got there just a little late, but in plenty of time to have dinner.

Earlier today I had lunch with a former work colleague who is now retired.  It was fun to spend some time catching up!  I have had several lunches since I've not been working, and I've got several more scheduled!  What fun.  I had forgotten what it's like to have some time off in the summer.

Late this afternoon I took Mom over to JC Penny to pick up a table she had ordered for her kitchen.  We got it in the wagon - with some manipulating, and got it to her house. Lickety split she had it put together and in her little eat in area in her kitchen.

Mom and Liga both asked me today how I felt about not having to go for Herceptin on Wednesday.  You know, I guess I was just really ready for it to be over!  I didn't realize until Thursday that I had not even gone to the doctor's office on Wednesday!  Amazing - how ready I was to get into a more normal life.

I have a young friend who has had breast cancer.  She has been through the whole chemo twice, and now has a tumor showing up on her liver.  Please remember Amy in your prayers.  She is such an amazing young woman and always cheered me up and gave me encouragement that I could get through the worst of it.  Thanks for your positive thoughts and prayers for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment