Saturday, June 5, 2010

Happy Birthday Aunt Dot

So here's the short of it, 
Fireworks ended the night after a day of celebrating Aunt Dot's birthday!

And here's the long

Mom and I had breakfast at the hotel and then went to K-Mart!  There's a big nice K-Mart here in Springboro.  I always loved the K-Mart near us in East Ridge and was really disappointed when it turned into a Sears!  And I don't really like any of the other ones in Chattanooga, but this one was nice.

We got over to Aunt Dot's a little before noon and are just getting back to the hotel now about 11:00.  It was a full afternoon of visiting, eating, watching cute and adorable cousins' children, eating, watching the Belmont horse race, eating, singing happy birthday, eating cake, pie, and candy, and finally watching a home-grown fireworks show!  I saw cousins I've not seen for a long, long time, and then some that I see on a more regular basis.  All four of Dad's sisters were there!  Of course I remember when they were so young and beautiful, and we were the kids playing around.  Linda was my trouble buddy.  She was the closest to my age, except for some of the boys, but I saw Linda a lot more that any of the boys, and besides, they were boys!  Of course now my cousins have grown children and grandchildren!  It's so hard to think about where time went. 

I felt good today.  I didn't sleep well at all last night, but I'm hoping that tonight will be a whole lot better.  Several of my cousins asked today how I'm feeling, and of course I said fine.... I do feel stronger every day, and I have so much to be grateful for!  I wonder though sometimes -- will the feeling ever come back into my feet - will I ever be able to negotiate steps in a fluid and two step fashion.  Will my digestive system ever recover from ....... anyway, I'm so glad to be able to come here and celebrate this family occasion.  I miss Dad terribly, but it's been great to have some time to spend with Mom.  And whatever remnants of the chemo remain with me, they can serve as a touchstone to remind me of the countless ways I was supported by family and friends throughout the past year. 

Happy Birthday Aunt Dot - may we all live to be old and as wonderfully loved as you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment