Thursday, June 3, 2010

Wednesdays

So here's the short of it, 
What will I do with Wednesday afternoons!

And here's the long

Mom and I are driving up to Ohio tomorrow.  Aunt Dot is having a big birthday and her children are having a birthday party for her.  We'll drive up on Friday, spend the night, party on Saturday, and then drive back on Sunday.  It should be a nice visit.  I'm glad to be seeing my cousins for a happy occasion. 

Yesterday was my 49th Herceptin treatment.  I only have 2 more!  Isn't it funny that I really think I'll miss the whole routine of Wednesday afternoons.  Drive to the hospital - well actually the doctor's office in the hospital wing.  Find a place to park.  Walk to the elevator - punch the 5th floor button.  Sign in to the infusion room and then the lab.  Go get blood drawn for the tests  - lately it's only been the PT/INR test.  Go find an empty chair - I like the ones that have an ottoman rather than the recliners.  Then wait for Lori to come put a butterfly into the vein in my right hand.  Sit and not move my hand for 45 minutes or so while the Herceptin goes in. Sit for a minute after the needle comes out and put pressure on the spot so it won't bleed, then leave. Head back to the car - get my dollar ready and leave.  Gosh!  What in the world will I do on Wednesday afternoons! 

No comments:

Post a Comment