Saturday, October 23, 2010

So here's the short of it, 
Home again; Home again - jiggety, jig. 

And here's the long

It's a pretty long drive from Destin to Chattanooga, Tennessee - and Alan did ALL the driving today.  We got ourselves out and on the road by a little after 8, and were home before 5 this evening.  

The trip through Florida and Lower Alabama is pretty interesting.  But it is purely amazing that there are not better roads to the beaches.  Perhaps that's purposeful -Alan thinks it is.  Anyway, we are home and everything is OK.  Liga left Dexter with us for one more night.  He is already almost as big as Lola.  I think he's going to be a big guy!

Sophie was really glad to see us!  She went on a chewing rampage while we were gone.  Since Liga isn't living here, she didn't exactly know how much of that we've been dealing with.  We lost two TV remotes this week.  They are chewed to smithereens!  I wonder what else we'll find all chewed up as the week wears on!

Tomorrow I'm headed out for Nashville for a couple of days for a conference.  I'm driving over with my work buddy, Tara.  We should have a pretty good time, get an opportunity to see several of our friends and colleagues from around the state, and learn a thing or two! 

I'm glad to be home, and glad to be getting ready to curl up in my own bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment