Saturday, October 30, 2010

So here's the short of it, 
More late birthday celebrations.

And here's the long

Today I took a really nasty fall.
One of the Great Danes from down the street (across from Mom's house) came up into the circle.  I called his owner - nice to have dog tags on the collar -  but he was at work!  So I grabbed a leash and started walking Waco down to put him in his fence.  Waco saw a squirrel and I didn't have the presence of mind to let go of the leash.  Down I splatted right on the road.  I banged myself up pretty badly.  I guess I probably laid in the road for a good 30 seconds unable to move or get up.  Poor Waco came over and just looked and poked around at me.  He was very confused about what had happened.  I feel very fortunate that one of our teen drivers wasn't coming or going from the circle or I might have been hurt even worse.  I think I'm OK.  My left knee is skinned up - well, I'll have to say, it's mighty bad looking - but it doesn't really hurt that much.  my left hand hurts a bunch though.  We'll see what gives tomorrow! 

Betsy and Wayne came up this evening.  Betsy has a neighbor in her Atlanta neighborhood that she's been friends with since she moved into the neighborhood over 20 years ago.  The neighbor's daughter had been living in Chattnooga for a long time.  She had a stroke a couple of days ago and passed away. 

Wayne and Betsy drove up for the visitation and then we went out for dinner to the Sweet Basil restaurant here in Brainerd.  We had a really good visit.

 
When they discovered that we were out celebrating my birthday, I got their special birthday dessert.  It was a small scoop of ice cream and a wrapped fried banana with a sweet syrup drizzled over all.  And of course a lighted candle. 

I also got another late birthday card today.  I really enjoy getting late birthday cards and having late birthday celebrations.   It just keeps the party going.

No comments:

Post a Comment