Thursday, October 14, 2010

So here's the short of it, 
If you pray...

And here's the long

Over the weekend the Chattanooga community lost a very bright and beautiful young 17 year old to suicide.


One of the most difficult parts of my job, over the years, has been when a student decides to take his or her life.  I didn't know Zakkarie as I was not his teacher. However, I did go to the visitation tonight because I felt like I wanted to honor him in some way. 

I do know that the world lost a young man who would have been capable of bringing much to the field he was interested in - medicine.

I don't know how, but his Mother seems to be  holding up.  If you pray, remember her, Jennifer Dixon, in your prayers.

1 comment:

  1. What are we doing or what is society doing to our children? She and his family are in my prayers...

    ReplyDelete