Monday, October 18, 2010

So here's the short of it, 
Thanks Steve and Pat.  

And here's the long

Today we left Tampa about 8:00 AM and drove over to Destin.  That's traversing a big part of the state of Florida.  It was a pleasant day to drive and since Alan wanted to do all the driving, I just had a nice ride.  I really enjoyed watching the Florida scenery.   I've never been around the Florida panhandle very much, and we drove through a considerable much of it today.  I can see why people are sort of attached to it!  It was pretty sad to see so much farm property now bank owned. Just seeing the signs made me conjure up images and stories "ripped from the headlines".  I wish we could find a way ...

We got here at a little after 3:00 and are definitely settled in.  We explored enough to get in some groceries and have a nice dinner. Tomorrow is my day to sleep as long as possible, and then just take it easy!  No quick moves!

Thanks so much Steve and Pat.  We are loving it so far.  

1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary to Lynn and Alan!
    Glad ya'll are enjoying some fun and R&R.
    Love ya'll, Myra and Milko

    ReplyDelete