Saturday, October 2, 2010

So here's the short of it,
I think I hear God laughing. 

And here's the long

I remember someone saying to me one time, "If you want to hear God laugh, make a plan".  So last night's blog was a well thought out plan to sleep all night and into the morning today.  I got my eyes closed about midnight last night and thought I'd have a lovely sleep!  I was awake at 1:00AM,  again at 2:30 AM, once more a little after 3:00, then again at about 5:00, my alarm - which was not supposed to be on - woke me at 6:30!  Thought about how good sleep is after the alarm goes of, and snuggled back into the pillows....I tossed and turned, napped a bit and finally got up about 8:00.  So I'm not "planning" on sleeping all night and into the morning tomorrow!  Although I did take a couple of Advil PM just a few minutes ago!

Of course, the big news is that Jacob Fetz is here and Mom and I drove down to Atlanta to welcome him to the world.  He is absolutely adorable!  All of Steve and Pat's kids were in town for various reasons - so maybe Jacob decided that it was a good time to be born so all the Aunts and Uncles could be there to greet him -- even though he was two weeks early! 

Sarah looks great.  She ended up having to have a C-section when they finally discovered that he was trying to be born butt first!  In all the early pictures of him, his little legs are up - a great pike diving position.  Apparently he'd been in that position for some time.  By today, his legs were down, but he was still raising them pretty often. 

Mom and I went straight to the hospital and then back home with a stop for dinner. We spent about 4 hours visiting.  We saw all of Steve's kids, Steve and Pat, Betsy, and Ryan F's parents.  It's good to be home for bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment