Sunday, October 24, 2010

So here's the short of it, 
I'm here at the beautiful Scarritt Bennett Conference Center in downtown Nashville.

And here's the long

So after being home less than 24 hours, I got unpacked, repacked, and on the road to Nashville for this year's annual TAG conference.  I expect that it will be a wonderful  days.  We've got some great speakers, and some really good sessions it looks like.  I absolutely love that the Nashville crew decided to hold it at the Scarritt-Bennett Conference Center.   And I'm delighted to see some old friends.  I missed the conference last year - like I missed so many things, so it's been awhile since I've seen so many of these friends and colleagues.  It's good to be back.

"The Center’s mission challenges us to eradicate racism, work for justice and reconciliation, and do what we do from a global perspective. These commitments grow from a history of education here that prepared people for lives of service. Scarritt-Bennett continues and expands that tradition."

I'm starting to think this would be a wonderful place for a family reunion!!!

At any rate.  I'm staying in one of the old dorm rooms.  It's really pretty nice, although certainly not a hotel room.  I have a small room with a twin bed to myself, and I'm sharing a bathroom.  I have a "plugged in" computer connection - for which I had to pay extra.  But it's charming and lovely and I like that I'm staying right on the site of the conference. 

Laskey Hall - where most of our sessions will be held

Gibson Hall - where I'm staying

Wrightman Chapel - where our opening remarks and Keynote will be held




There are 10 acres of beautiful stone buildings and tree lined sidewalks.  It looks as though it will rain most of the time we are here.  That will be fine.  There is not much distance between any of the buildings, and we'll survive.  Besides, Nashville needs the rain! 

No comments:

Post a Comment