Monday, October 4, 2010

So here's the short of it, 
Maybe red pepper will do the trick.

And here's the long
 
We've started seriously trying to deal with Sophie, the counter surfer.  Alan and I are both just exasperated by her continual snitching things from the kitchen counter.  She goes in spells -- and of course, I have spells when I keep things put up much better than other times.  For the last couple of days her snitching has been particularly annoying.  So we've embarked on a "get Sophie to stop counter surfing" plan.  It involves bait with ground red pepper left on the kitchen counter. We've sprinkled it on potatoes, bread, a piece of turkey bacon, and some on the counter itself.  Red pepper was the trick to keep her from chewing on furniture and wood trim so maybe she'll get the message and we can defeat this counter surfing behavior!  Wish us luck!


It's hard to believe that October is here.  The weather has turned cool and the doggie girls of the circle are so energized.  It's nice to go out for an evening walk and have Sophie in such a playful mood.  The other dogs are loving it as well.  The cool weather makes for better sleeping for me too.  I think I rested a little better even though I still woke up at least four times!

No comments:

Post a Comment