Sunday, October 17, 2010

So here's the short of it, 
Today was a lovely Tampa day!

And here's the long

This morning Pennie and I made 6 pounds of meatloaf!  I didn't think to take a picture of it all... It's going into her freezer to be meals for the future.  We had a good time!

We drove down to St. Petersburg for lunch and a visit to the Chihuly Glass Museum with Pennie and her friend Debbie.  The lunch will be a story we can talk about for a long time.  Too expensive for very poor service and very unappealing food, but the glass exhibit was really grand.  I thought when we first talked about going that I had seen his work, and I realized that I had seen an outdoor exhibit the summer I was in Jerusalem.  It was an installation in and around the Tower of David.   I saw some of the same kinds of pieces that were in the exhibit we saw today.  I kept wondering to myself if that was what I saw, and then there in the gift shop was a gorgeous book, Chihuly in Jerusalem 2000

This evening, we had a lovely dinner with all Pennie's Tampa kids and Wendy and Nathan.  It was odd not to have Erin with us, but away at college instead, and the kids are all growing, as kids do.  It was good to have a chance to visit with everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment