Thursday, May 3, 2012

Luis Perez
So here's the short of it, 
I had a great day of iPad training today.

And here's the long.

Mr. Luis Perez an Apple Distinguished Educator was in town and I was able to join for one day of training.  He's been here all week courtesy of UNUM.  They trained their folks and allowed special educators to join in the training.  We were sure lucky to get to spend the day with them.

And here's a great shout out to UNUM for funding this training.  They provided us with a great teacher who kept us captivated as we learned how to use the iPad to make a difference in our teaching and learning.


Ok for those of you who have iPads or iPhones and little kids (or maybe even big kids)- you really have to try out Sock Puppets.  I'll have to say I sure did love it.  I downloaded several apps that I just know every little kid (especially Max next time I see him) will really enjoy.

I was in the training with our supervisor of technology, and I may have wrangled an upgrade to an iPad 2!  That would be so helpful with some of the things we are needing to do at work. If it doesn't happen it'll be fine as well, but it sure made me giddy for a minute there.

One of the women in our training was a UNUM employee (they only trained their own employees on day 1 I think).  Anyway - she won and iPad 3 that first day!  Don't you know she was absolutely thrilled!  I believe that for sure when I retire, I'll have to buy myself an iPad.

No comments:

Post a Comment