Monday, May 21, 2012

So here's the short of it, 
I've been thinking of Uncle Tom.

And here's the long.

Yesterday's Solar Eclipse got me to thinking about Uncle Tom. I learned almost everything I know about the phenomenon of the Solar Eclipse from discussions with him - and that one most wonderful time when we travelled to Atlanta and were with him for a viewing. I think that was in 1984.

This photo was taken in Japan
I even knew that this one was going to be an annular eclipse and the "Ring of Fire" would be visible.  There's a pretty good article about the Eclipse at Space.com - Link to it here. I'm glad Uncle Tom talked to us about his work; it was pretty fascinating.

The picture I found on Wikimedia was taken in Japan.  I think viewing there must have been pretty awesome, as there are pictures all over the web from that part of the world.

There's a total eclipse coming across Kentucky and Tennessee in August of 2017.  I'm already starting to make plans to be at that event and hoping that some of our family will join us then!








No comments:

Post a Comment