Monday, May 7, 2012

So here's the short of it, 
I'm not getting any TFI starts!

And here's the long.

When Mom, Dad and I were in Israel, there were these wonderful cherry tomatoes in the restaurants.  They were large and extraordinarily sweet.  When they got back to Middlesboro - Lo! and Behold! there was a napkin in one of Mom's pants pockets that a tomato had gotten crushed in.  Don't you know that Dad and Mom propagated those seeds and called them Tomatoes From Israel, called TFI's, and for years now we've all had them to grow in our gardens.

Last year, I didn't get a good crop and I ended up only saving a few little seeds.  And I didn't get a start! I tried starting them a couple of weeks ago and I'm getting nothing.  Mom's not having any luck either.  I'm sad to think we aren't going to have any TFI's this year.

Maybe Aunt Joyce has been able to get some starts - she's the only other person I know of who might have seeds. If she doesn't get any starts, someone in our family is going to have to make a trip to Israel!

No comments:

Post a Comment