Wednesday, May 23, 2012

So here's the short of it, 
The celebrations of our Veterans began today. 

And here's the long.

The Wednesday night dinner and program at First Cumberland was honoring veterans as we come up on Memorial Day. Alan's a good influence on me.  I'd just stay home much more often, but he enjoys going so we went to the program tonight.

The program was a brief overview of the music of the wars beginning with World War I.  It was nice.  There was a chorus of about 6 young girls who sang "Don't sit under the Apple Tree with anyone else but me."  Mom turned to me and said - That was one of our songs.

As usual Bruce did a wonderful job of decorating.  This huge arrangement of red roses and American Flags graced the stage in the Fellowship Hall.  It was nice to be with Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment