Wednesday, May 2, 2012

So here's the short of it, 
Love having the windows open!

And here's the long.

It seems like summer is upon us.  Today was another day of high temperatures which means my office was cold.

Let me explain.  I work on the third floor of an old school building.  For some reason when they put in the heating and cooling system, the three rooms in the area where my office is were paired on a thermostat and duct work with one or maybe two rooms over in the office suite where my office used to be.  I don't really know the reason, but the temperature control is always a challenge.

When it's hot outside, in order to get the other offices cooled down my office is way too cold.  And when it's cold outside, in order to get the outer offices warm, we are quite warm!

The solution to this problem at this point in the spring/summer is to open the windows to let in some warm air.  A few weeks ago I had Ronald our wonderful custodian and all purpose can do almost anything kind of guy come help me get the windows unstuck.  Then we used WD 40 on the window channel, and now if I really strain and groan, I can get two of the three windows up.  This works just fine as long as we aren't having rain or high winds. Thank goodness we aren't an allergic bunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment