Wednesday, May 16, 2012

So here's the short of it, 
I think I'm experiencing a change of life!

And here's the long.

I've never been a morning person.  I have memories of Mom and Dad prying me out of bed to get me to school on time.  I remember having so much trouble getting to my first 8:00 o'clock college class that I never scheduled another one!  Then there were the years of working a really early schedule when I was single - being at work 30 minutes away and having to be there by 7:00 most mornings and earlier sometimes!  During those days, I had 3 alarm clocks set to go off at 5 or 10 minute intervals -- and across the room as well.  For many years I haven't had that really early schedule -- although I do have times that I have to be at an early school for meetings.  So I've gotten into the habit of waking much later than I used to.  Even though I'm waking at a decent hour,  that getting up stuff is really hard for me.  I've never really been envious of Alan for his ability to wake early with seeming ease - but I've always marveled at it!

But -- I've been waking up pretty early for the last week without even an alarm!  I'm waking before the animals are up and about!  A couple of mornings I've even been the one to turn on the coffee pot -- I didn't think that would ever happen. I just wonder what in the world is happening to me!  I'm not minding this at all.  I really even like being up so early as long as it's not a struggle to get up!

So morning sun -- maybe I'll be seeing a lot more of you in this new stage of my life!




No comments:

Post a Comment