Sunday, December 20, 2009

Feeling Better

So here's the short of it,
I've had another good day.

And here's the long

I'm so glad to be healing from the port problems!  The swelling and soreness in my arm is almost completely gone now; I've not really had fever for the last two days; and I had really good, restorative sleep last night.  I woke up at a little before 11 this morning and wagered with myself that I could sleep until noon.  I didn't make it, but I did go back to sleep for a bit and didn't crawl out of bed until about 11:45.   

Today was a pretty relaxing day all in all.  Alan wanted to take in a movie, so we went to an early show to see Invictus.  I liked it a lot.  I think the story of reconciliation as it occurred in post apartheid South Africa is one of the great stories about humankind's ability to rise above its baser instincts.  It was also just nice to go to a movie!  I'll bet it's been almost a year since we've actually been out to a movie theater.  It might seem like a really small thing, but it feels a little like normal - although my slow, hobbling walk still makes it really apparent to me that things are not as they should be!

This afternoon Liga gave me another Lovenox shot, and I'll take the coumadin at bedtime.  So for the next few days at least, I'll go in for radiation and then up to Dr. Schlabach's lab to have a blood test so they can check my blood levels.  This will keep me busy enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment