Thursday, December 3, 2009

Tired

So here's the short of it,
I'm so tired in the mornings. Mom and I enjoyed a visit with Mommy Anne at Elmcroft.


And here's the long

Well, I worked today, although when the alarm went off this morning I didn't know how in the world I was going to get myself out of the bed!  Morning has never been easy for me, but it is becoming nearly impossible!  Once I can drag myself out of the bed which seems to take at least 3 snooze cycles, I have to take ginger to calm my stomach before I can eat something, and I have to eat something before I can take my morning medicine or it makes me sick.  And now that I've started radiation, I can't wash my left underarm  when I shower, just let water run over it --- I can promise you that doesn't make the odor go away!  Anyway - I think it's great that I'm getting up.  I remember those days just a few weeks ago when I was so sick I couldn't get out of the bed or off the couch except to crawl to the bathroom. 

I do think I'm stronger once I ever get going in the morning.  I still have the awful neuropathy in my fingers and my feet, but I can walk  I felt good enough to walk (well limp is a better description) around the circle 4 times tonight.  Sophie was ever so happy to have some time outside too.

Mom discovered a tragedy this morning.  A stray dog in the neighborhood had killed her beautiful calico cat, Patches.  She's pretty sad about it.  Check out her blog for today for the details we know.

Radiation today was just a cinch.  From the time I parked until the time I was in the car heading out of the parking lot, was just about 30 minutes.  The technicians are just really nice, and I'm getting used to the bare chest, line up the lasers with the marks and lie real still, even though it's pretty cold in this room routine.  I think I may always remember the mark up on my chest even when I'm allowed to wash with soap and the permanent marker fades away for good!

Alan was running a temp this morning and even though he felt better this evening, I took Mom instead of him and we went over to Elmcroft for the Holiday Buffet with Mommy Anne.  It was a nice evening.  They had a nice buffet, and live entertainment.  They recognized all the people who come to volunteer.  It was amazing to hear them talk about people coming - some once a week, others once a month - to do everything from playing music, to offering Bible study, to playing games, to just coming to sit and visit with the residents. After the recognitions the music duo "That man and Robin" played and some of the volunteers and staff danced with those residents who wanted to participate.  It was really sweet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment