Monday, December 28, 2009

No More Lovenox

So here's the short of it,
Good news!   No more Lovenox required.  

And here's the long

Liga and I have been trying to figure out when would be a good time to go shopping with her birthday money.  I didn't have the energy right after, then I didn't think I could manage the Christmas crowds since she wanted to go to Hamilton Place, and we both thought there would be better prices in the days after Christmas.  I didn't want to get out into those crowds on Saturday and Sunday, so this morning we gave it a whirl.  We left about 10, and got home about 1.  I was absolutely worn out!  Liga kept saying, "Now, Mom, tell me if we need to leave."  I guess I was really being a  slow poke!  We did find a cute little dress, but nothing else, so I guess we'll need to go do that again!

I had my radiation at 2:30.  It took them quite a long time to get me "set up" today.  They weren't liking the way my marks looked on my left side, so they erased them and looked for my tatoos on that side and then re-marked me.  The young man who is substituting for Ashley has really cold hands.   When he touches my skin to move me, I really do know it!  Anyway, they measured, and talked, and rolled me, and pushed my skin and finally got me in the right place for the treatment.  For the first time, they administered the treatment to the left field first and then the right.  When they finished, my instructions over the intercom were,  "you can relax your arms down, now."  But I couldn't because the machine was in the way!  After radiation I went upstairs to get my blood checked and a Lovenox shot.  My PT/INR was right where they want it to be, so for the time being I don't have to have the Lovenox, but I'll stay on the Coumidan for awhile.  I'll see Lori, my oncology nurse on Wednesday and maybe she'll have an idea of how long I'll need to take it.  Dad was supposed to start on Coumadin after his surgery, and he kept saying that he was going to have a long talk with the doctor, because he didn't want to be taking rat poison!  Every time I take that pill, I remember him saying that!  Of course I'd much rather take the rat poison than have that clot in my arm!  

By the time I got home this afternoon, I was so tired.  I stretched out on the sofa, and before I knew it, Alan was waking me up to go down to Mom's for supper.  She had asked us earlier to come for supper so it saved us having to even think about it.  I'm still quite tired, and hope I can get myself to sleep earlier than usual tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment