Monday, December 21, 2009

Feeling Good, but Tired

So here's the short of it,
I'm still feeling very good, although I'm more tired than I was over the weekend.

And here's the long.

I'm feeling pretty good again today.  I had my blood levels checked today to see if he Lovenox and Coumadin are doing their job to get my blood thinned out.  Well, it's not where it needs to be, so I'm still having both.  Most of the symptoms I had from the blood clot are gone, but when I look in the mirror I can still see the veins on my upper torso - above my breast and fanning out over to my arm - only on my right side.  But I'm not sick like I was last week.   I'm much more tired today than I was over the weekend.  I didn't really do that much, but perhaps I overdid anyway.

Cousin Mia brought broasted chicken breasts over late this afternoon, so we had Emily come up for dinner. It was nice not to worry about dinner.  It sure wouldn't have been chicken if it had ended up my responsibility! 
Tomorrow, I'm going to have another sleep in.  I'm not going to even try to get up early and when I do get up I'm just going to take it easy.  Steve and Pat will be coming  tomorrow and it will be good to have a chance to visit with them.  I have done absolutely no preparation for any kind of holiday.  I didn't do anything for Hanukah, and I've done nothing for Christmas!  No shopping, no baking, not even much thinking about it.  For the first time in the 22 years that we've lived in this neighborhood, our neighbors won't get a homemade Christmas goodie from our family!  My siblings won't get the homemade goodies I usually enjoy making either.  I did promise Pat that when she got here, I'd help her make Honey Nut Stollen, her favorite of the baked goods!  I'll enjoy that. It will be good to have them here for company.

I have radiation every day except Friday, Christmas Day.  I'm sure they'll put as many patients as possible in the morning or early afternoon on Thursday so the staff can get out early.  I'll probably get to bring more Lovenox injections home for the days that Dr. Schlabach's office is closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment