Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Sick Day

So here's the short of it,
This is a sick day report.  This is a real rough patch I'm having.  

And here's the long

Now that I can put a cause to that achy port feeling, I think this occlusion has been going on for awhile.  My temperature is hovering around normal today, although my body feels feverish - hot eyes, chills, and hot urine.  I'm not staying as hydrated as I need to, but I have a bottle (of water) in my bed with me and try to remember to drink up every time I wake. Sleep is very difficult.  The pain that seems like it's only at about a 4 or 5 when I'm up and busy and thinking of other things feels like it goes to a 7 or 8 when I am in bed trying to relax and go to sleep.  There is no comfortable position.  For the last two nights I've been close to tears before I could get myself relaxed enough to fall asleep.  I think tonight will be better. 

Once more I slept in this morning.  It wasn't too late, because we had tree trimmers here today to work on a couple of our big ones.  The chain saw was my alarm.  Once more Sophie has been right near me most of the day.  I had radiation and then reported up to Schlabach's office for the Lovenox shot afterwards and the Dr. came and checked me out.I really like this doctor - there's a thing when he's looking at me, I know he's seeing me the person, but he's seeing all those things that a highly trained and highly competent physician knows to look for.  I am glad for the turn of events that led me to him.  Right now I'm scheduled to have my port removed mid day on the 21st.  That appointment is in the books.  They are looking for a way to get me in earlier.  I think both doctors are of the opinion that this problem is bad enough that it's better not to fix the port and just go ahead and remove it.  I can do that. 

This evening, one more time, Mom made us dinner.  It was nice.  I think Alan and I would have warmed up a stouffers something if not.  I was feeling to tired and yucky, that she even brought it up here to the house.  That was so helpful!  Thanks to all of my family, my friends, and my friends who are also family.  You can never know how much support I feel from your prayers, each in your own way.  Valdis came over this evening and visited for a bit while he did some laundry.  I sure did enjoy his company. 

Tomorrow I have a check up on my heart, radiation, and the Lovenox injection. That will be a pretty big day for someone in my shape.

1 comment:

  1. Love you Lynn - sending love and healing to you.
    Jessie Lee

    ReplyDelete