Friday, December 4, 2009

Still Tired

So here's the short of it,
Oh, I am weary!  This tiredness is with me all day long. 

And here's the long.

I am so thrilled that today is Friday and tomorrow I can just sleep until Sophie is jumping up and down on me to give her some attention!  I am so tired.  I've never really been much of a napper. Alan can lie down and sleep for 20 minutes and wake up feeling refreshed and ready to go.  If I sleep for 20 minutes, I'm a grumpy gal.  A "nap" for me is usually more like an hour or two.  Dr. Gefter did tell me that I would need to take naps every day as I get on into the radiation treatments.  Maybe as that time comes, I'll be able to nap in the evening when I get home from work - and maybe this will be the time I learn how to nap for shorter periods of time. I'm thinking that tomorrow or Sunday I'm going to try drinking some coffee.  I realized today that I haven't been having coffee since my chemotherapy started.  Maybe it was my morning coffee that got me going.  It was always my very first stop after my feet hit the floor.  I set the coffee up and Alan turns it on when he gets up (which is earlier that any human ought to be up and about).  And by the time I would get into the shower I'd have a half a cup down, and have it finished soon after.  Then at least one more cup before leaving for work.  I haven't really wanted coffee yet, it doesn't taste so good, and for awhile, it made me sick every time I tried it.  So tomorrow if it doesn't make me sick ...well, we'll see. 

Today I reported for radiation at 2:00.  They called me back before I even had time to load up FLING (the newest app for my phone that Shelley told me about), they came to get me.  There were no glitches - the cabinet was full of gowns. Maybe I know a little better how to get on the table now; they didn't have to move me around so much. Today I discovered that they have my "numbers" on a TV screen highlighted  in orange.  As they get the table in the right position - left, right, up, down, and the machine itself in the right position, the highlight goes away.  The machine itself won't operate until all the numbers are "cleared".  Today was a piece of cake.  I was out of the treatment and dressed and getting back into the car to go back to work by 2:20!  Wow.   I guess there won't be so much to report on my radiation treatments!

I should report that my sore fingers are beginning to heal.  Zim's Crack Cream , along with Badger Balm is doing the trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment